A Hotfix patch is incoming to correct exploits, fix 2 bugs & to bring back the headshot sound, according to a late night post from VALORANT’s Twitter account on April 29th.
The Hotfix will roll out as follows:
- NA: Thursday, April 30 at 4:30am PT. Servers back at 12pm PT
- EU: Friday, May 1 at 3:30am CEST. Servers back at 9:30am CEST
If all goes well, the VALORANT team might activate ranked mode after the hotfix!
We’ll keep you posted on the latest developments here at VALORANT Haven.
UPDATE (April 30 - 12pm CDT): NA Server maintanance is taking a bit longer than expected. The VALORANT team now expects NA servers to go back online around 12pm PDT.
While Patch 0.49 did roll out, unexpected service issues & bugs prevented Riot from activating Rated mode. An ETA hasn’t been announced, but they did state they “will let you know tomorrow.”
Executive Producer, Anna Donlon noted earlier in the day on April 29th (as EU servers were coming back online):
Stability issues continued as NA servers were updated with the new patch. At 12PM PDT as NA servers were coming back online, the VALORANT Twitter account announced that Ranked would not be activated at this time:
VALORANT Game Director, Joe Ziegler added:
While fans waiting to jump into ranked will be disappointed, it’s best to wait until servers are stable.
The sheer number of fixes in Patch 0.49, as well as the VALORANT team working remotely, means we should all give them additional time to get things working. The VALORANT team has been great about being transparent throughout the Closed Beta, and this is no exception.
While there’s no ETA for Rated mode’s launch yet, we’d presume it’s all hands on deck for VALORANT’s engineers as they work through fixes to have it running soon.
EU and NA servers went down today for the rollout of Patch 0.49, including: the launch of Ranked in “Rated” mode, a number of bug fixes, & QoL updates.
EU matchmaking & servers went down at 3:30AM CEST on April 29th, and came back up around 9AM CEST.
NA matchmaking & servers went down at 4:30AM PDT and will come back up at 10AM PDT.
A ton of changes and fixes are featured in patch 0.49 including:
- The addition of Rated mode
- Bug fixes for several Agent’s abilities like Phoenix’s Run it Back, Cypher’s Cyber Cage, & Viper’s Viper’s Pit,
- Fixes to the Spike getting stuck in the map
- Observer mode polishing
- HUD, UI, Menu, and Game Client updates
- Quality of Life updates:
- Audio occlusion system updates to help differentiate audio distancing queues
- Penalties for leavers of matchmade games or dodging agent selects, with increasing queue time penalties for frequent offenses.
Check out the full patch notes from Riot, here.